Our mission is the warfighter's success.
Quality Terms for Purchase orders
Customer Right of Inspection
- Challenger Defense and their customer and regulatory authorities has the right of access by the organization, to the applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain involved in the order and to all applicable records.
Certification / Prevent Counterfeit Parts
- Supplier shall sign and certify that all parts, material and processes were inspected and found to comply with the requirements of this order. The revision level that processes were completed must be listed on any documentation. (Suspect) Counterfeit Parts are not allowed.
Processes / Part Revision
- All processes, parts, drawings, specifications, etc. listed on this purchase order shall be done per latest revision unless stated otherwise per the purchase order.
- Traceability must be maintained for all work done on this purchase order. This includes lot, batch and heat #s of material used for processes and the revision level of the process used for this PO. Material certs are required for materials used in fabrication.
- Any records made while processing this purchase order not sent to Challenger Defense must be kept safe and accessible. Records shall be kept a minimum of 10 years unless otherwise stated.
- Only markings listed on the drawing and parts list are allowed directly on parts, including acceptance and date stamps.
Change in Process
- Supplier must notify Challenger Defense of changes in product and/or process, changes of suppliers, manufacturing facility location, and, where required, obtain Challenger Defense approval.
Verification & Validation (Test) Acceptance
- Supplier, where appropriate agrees to requirements for design, test, inspection, verification, use of statistical techniques for product acceptance, and related instructions for acceptance on PO, and as applicable critical items /key characteristics.
- Supplier, where appropriate, agrees to PO requirements for test specimens for design approval inspection/verification, investigation or auditing.
- Data shall be provided for item or materials which are susceptible to degradation with age. Supplier shall provide a signed statement with shelf life, starting date, and expiration date and storage requirements. Shelf life limited items shall have 75% or more of their shelf life remaining at time of the delivery.
- At a minimum, all items including raw material supplied on the Challenger Defense PO will be identified on supplier’s paperwork with the part name and #, as specified on the PO. The identification and revision status of specifications, drawings, process requirements, inspection/verification instructions and other relevant technical data must be included.
- Materials shall be packaged, handled and transported in a way to ensure the quality of material/part, and that damage, deterioration and loss in transit are prevented.
- Supplier shall, upon request, provide statements of corrective action on nonconforming material/parts. Corrective action may require approval signatures by Challenger Defense and customer/regulatory representatives.
Material Substitutions Prohibited
- Unauthorized material substitutions are not permitted. This includes any deviation of form, size, shape, chemistry, melt method, origin, temper/condition, product testing or surface finish. Conversion of raw material (i.e., heat treat to change temper or condition) constitutes material substitution. Raw material must not be re-certified with respect thickness, diameter, and width or cross-sectional area or product form. Certification for material shall reflect the form and size originally manufactured.
National Defense Rated Orders
- If orders are Rated/certified for national defense, emergency preparedness and/or energy programs, the supplier shall follow all the requirements of the defense priorities and allocation system regulation (15CFR700).
- The supplier must flow down the supply chain the applicable requirements including customer requirements.
- Supplier must notify Challenger Defense of nonconforming product and obtain Challenger Defense approval for nonconforming product disposition.
- Supplier shall implement and maintain a Quality Management System, preferably compliant to at least ISO 9001, unless otherwise called out on the Purchase Order.
Designated Approved External Providers
- When required, only customer-designated or approved suppliers will be used.
Awareness for Employees
- Supplier ensures employees are aware of their contribution toward: (a) Product/Service conformity, (b) Product Safety, and (c) importance of ethical behavior.